2016 3rd Coast Enduro Series Presented By Terrapin Beer Co.
- Entry fees are: $75 for 1 day events
- Permit fees will be in addition to the base entry fee, but will be included in the entry fee form.
- Early bird registration will be $10 less than the regular entry fee and will be available until 1 month before the race date.
- Regular entry fee will start 1 month before the race date and will cease 1 week before the race date.
- Late entry fee will be +$10 and will be in effect 6 days before the race date until race day.
- All entries fees do not include park entry where applicable.
(*Each class requires 6 racers to make a class)
Cash Awards to men and women experts at each race $300-$200-$100 for 1st-2nd-3rd.
IF 10 or more expert racers register per class.
Otherwise the expert payout will be ½ that amount for less than 10 expert registrants
Final Standings Payouts:
Male Enduro Expert $400 $300 $200
Women Enduro Expert $400 $300 $200
Top 3 in each class represent podium
Venues may enhance prize packages with prizes & medals
All finishes will count towards the TCES Standings
5 races must be completed to qualify for Series Standings. 2 races can be dropped.
All ties for races will be broken by placement in the final stage.
All ties for the series will be broken by the results of the final race
Only one bike may be used per event.
Number Plates: All Racers must use a 2015 TCES Number Plate during their race run and practice.
RFID chips must be worn on right wrist in provided wrist strap. Lost chips are subject to $15 fee for replacement
There are no time limits between stages, however, there will be an overall time limit that will be determined by the venue
No re-starts for mechanical failures will be allowed
Helmets are required for all races. Full face helmets may be required for some courses
Hydration stations will be located o the course, however, we ask that you use your hydration packs and pack as you would for any other ride
Venues will sell number plates at $5.00 each if plate is lost..
These plates are to be reused for all TCES races.
Only Racers with TCES Number Plates should be allowed on the Race Course.
Modifications will can result is disqualification. Lettering/Logos MUST be 100% Intact.
Racers must compete in at least 6 races top be considered part of the overall series.
2 lowest scores (races) will be dropped from point total.
Points will be earned for each completed stage. The point scale will be on a 50 point scale. Point total will be accumulated over the course of the series and the racer with most points wins.
|1 – 50pt
2 – 44pt
3 – 40pt
4 – 36pt
5 – 34pt
6 – 30pt
7 – 28pt
8 – 26pt
9 – 24pt
10 – 22pt
|11 – 20pt
12 – 18pt
13 – 16pt
14 – 14pt
15 – 12pt
16 – 10pt
17 – 8pt
18 – 6pt
19 – 4pt
20 – 2pt
Our goal with this points structure is to make racing more competitive and to allow racers that may have a mechanical or DNF on 1 stage the ability to recover in the same race.
General Enduro Race Guidelines:
Enduro mountain bike racing is designed to be the definitive test for the mountain biker. The focus of
each event is on creating a great atmosphere, community, competition and adventure for the competitor.
It’s a format that allows riders to compete against each other on individual Timed Stages that are
designed to challenge the rider’s technical and physical abilities
• Timed Stages will be mostly downhill and will test the rider’s technical skills. Enduro courses will
use the best trails and terrain available. Fun will be the focus for the courses. It is possible that
some climbs will be within Timed Stages.
• For the untimed uphill sections racers will pedal. NO SHUTTLING unless organized by the
• Total time from all the timed sections added together will determine finishing order. Ties will be
broken by the last timed stage.
• Course cutting by leaving the obvious trail will result in disqualification.
• There will be no set start times. Racers may start at their leisure provided all Timed Stages are
completed in the proper order. Once a racer starts a Timed Stage he may not restart that same
Stage for any reason.
• No pre-riding of Timed Stages is allowed once the race starts.
• Racers will be notified at registration or at the riders meeting when each Timed Stage will close.
Riders arriving after the stage has closed will not be allowed to start and must return to the finish
area. This will ensure the event finishes at a reasonable hour.
• Racers being passed should yield when it is be safe to do so.
• Helmets must be worn at all times on venues property while riding a bicycle.
• Only one bike may be used per event.
• In the spirit of fair play and good will racers may assist other racers with repairs, parts or tools. It
is however recommended to carry everything that you’ll need including water, tools and tubes.
Water stations may or may not be available on course.